Friday, November 18, 2011

HaPpY BIrthDaY Me!!!

If turning 28 wasn't hard enough I had to do it seas away from my family and friends.  I was so worried that I would wind up depressed crying to myself in my bedroom wishing I was at home with the people who know me best.  Don't ask me how, but my whole Kenyan family figured out it was my birthday they made it their mission to give me a true Kenyan birthday.  As tradition would have it, my brother threatened to pour a bucket of water on me to bring my new year in and my little sister Alice went crazy about making sure I had a cake and soda to share (which I think served her benefit more than mine).  My mama had a kitenge made for me and the day of my birthday she took me to the tailor to pick it up.  When we arrived home there was a beautiful pink cake and music playing.  My family sang Happy Birthday to me and we danced until it was time to go to bed.  It was one of the greatest birthdays ever!




I will try to add more photos later I have so many more but it takes forever to upload!

No comments:

Post a Comment