Thursday, October 6, 2011

First Week In Kenya

 After a total of 30 hours of flying, terrible airplane food, crying babies, swollen legs, and a 5 mile ride in Nairobi that took 2 hours because of the horrific rush hour traffic, I have finally settled down.  Right now I am sitting in a conference hall on the compound I am staying at for the next couple of days.  The crickets are chirping outside and its about 70 degrees at 8pm.  I felt that I should up load a few photos so you could see some of the other volunteers and the hostel I am staying Enjoy!

Rachel, Cyndi, and I on our wal

2 comments:

  1. Way to survive the transit, I miss u already and despite my electronic ability to communicate in semi real time, it's just not the same! I love u and am so proud of you! Have fun with all they new awesome people, if the pc attracts people 1/2 as cool as u then u should be in superior company and having a blast! Xo can't wait to hear more keep the updates flowing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love and miss you Sara Mwende Mutua!!!!! Keep up the good work looks like you are fitting in fine. My dad sends his love too and says you are quite a gal to be so brave in Africa.

    XOXO Dana

    ReplyDelete